Day and night, there are hundreds of things to do intown. Whether you’ve got an hour or a multi-day, seize the chance to play #IntownTourist this month with some of the following options.
New Exhibits Intown
- Searching for the Queen of Sheba | Fernbank Museum
Discover the myth and mystery behind one of history’s most elusive female figures in the world.
- Designers, Makers, Users: 3D Printing the Future | Museum of Design Atlanta
Explore projects that use 3D printing technology in innovative ways.
- Scarecrows in the Garden | Atlanta Botanical Garden (Oct 8)
Every October the Garden is stuffed with nearly 100 scarecrows handcrafted by local businesses, individuals, schools and organizations.
- Flux Night | 7 pm on October 3 at Auburn & Edgewood
Art, technology and a little bit of magic intersect to transform the historic Old Fourth Ward into Atlanta’s largest outdoor public art gallery.
- Sharpie Slam | 6 pm on October 7 at TechSquare Labs
Top ATL artists will go toe-to-toe in an exciting, interactive art competition.
- Elevate Atlanta | October 15 – 23 in Downtown
Music & dance performances, public art installations, gallery exhibits, and street art from 100 different artists.
- A3C Festival | October 7 – 11
Hip-hop music, live performances, film, pro-audio, art, style, gaming, and break-dance.
- Halloween Hijinks | 2 pm on October 31
Thrilling and chilling music for all ages from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
- Maker Faire | October 3 – 4 in downtown Decatur
See exhibits about science, creativity, innovation, and art, and meet the people of all ages who made them.
- Atlanta Pride Festival | October 10 – 11
Don’t miss the Pride Parade that marches up Peachtree Street to Piedmont Park at 1 pm on Sunday.
- Red Bull Soapbox Race | October 24 on North Avenue
Watch amateur teams coast in their homemade and often humorous vehicles.
- Das Best Oktoberfest | 2 pm on October 3 at Atlantic Station
150 beers, wines, and schnapps, plus German food, oompah & polka bands, games, and contests under tents.
- Aqua Vino | 7 pm on October 8 at the Georgia Aquarium
Sample 200 wines from around the world, taste local restaurant food, and enjoy an auction.
- Whiskies of the World® Expo | 6 pm on October 23 at the Grand Hyatt
Sample whiskies and spirits at Whiskies of the World.
- Little 5 Points Halloween Festival | October 17
Enjoy food and drink, live entertainment, pumpkin carving, street vendors, and the 4 pm costume parade.
- Capturing the Spirit of Oakland Halloween Tours |Oct. 23-25 & 29-3
Hear stories about the Oakland Cemetery’s famous residents and see candlelit mausoleums.
- Halloween Night in the Highlands | 6 pm on October 31
Ticket includes a costume contest, free shots, food & drink specials, and admission to multiple bars.
- Walker Stalker Con | Oct 30 – Nov. 1 at the Georgia World Congress Center.
Panels, celebrities, vendors, and parties for zombie-lovers.